Hi Howard County Neighbors,
While I was out campaigning on Saturday several people asked me how to vote. I don’t want anyone to miss exercising their right to vote in the General Election so here is some helpful information from Maryland and Howard County
Early voting for the General Election begins Oct 27 and runs through Nov 3, 2022 (hours are 7am – 8 pm)
Election Day is November 8, 2022 (hours are 7am – 8 pm)
To vote in Maryland you must be a US Citizen, 18 years old by November 8, 2022, and a resident of Maryland.
Here is some of what is on the Ballot:
- This year for the Federal Election we will be voting for House of Representative and one state Senator.
- For the Maryland Election we will be voting for Governor, Comptroller, Attorney General, State Representatives, and a host of other positions and a few possible changes to the state constitution.
- In Howard County we will be voting for Howard County Executive, Council Representatives (via your voting district), Board of Education, Judges, Sheriff, and a potential change to the Charter. You must also be a Howard Resident to vote for these offices.
Here is helpful information about voting in Maryland and Howard County:
- You must register to vote. If you are not registered go here: https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/InstructionsStep1. You can also use this link to check if you are registered and to ask for a mail-in ballot.
- Registration deadlines
- In person during early voting: Oct 27 – Nov 3
- In-person at voting location on Election Day: Nov 8
- Online: Oct 18 by 11:59 p.m. EDT
- By mail (postmarked by): Oct 18
Once you register to vote, that registration remains valid until you move from your residence to a new residence in MD or you move your residence from the state of MD. You can vote by mail, early, or on Election Day:
- Mail-in ballot deadlines
- Request ballot (received by): Nov 1
- Return ballot by mail (postmarked by): Nov 8 by 8:00 p.m. EST
- Return ballot in person: Nov 8 by 8:00 p.m. EST
- In-Person Voting
- Early voting: Oct 27 – Nov 3 2022
- Howard County Early Voting Sites:
The Bain Senior Center: 5470 Ruth Keeton Way, Columbia, MD 21044
Gary J Arthur Center: 2400 Route 97, Cooksville, MD 21723
Meadowbrook Athletic Complex: 5001 Meadowbrook Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21043
North Laurel Community Center: 9411 Whiskey Bottom Rd, Laurel, MD 20723
Saint John Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall: 9055 Tamar Drive, Columbia, MD 21045
- General Election November 8, 2022To determine your polling location go to: https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/PollingPlaceSearch?gclid=Cj0KCQjw48OaBhDWARIsAMd966A1lR9Q68Eo0MQ0pVTIjtuIlKSQQOAg_e39UbNXoSewD118qelaJ3caAmHEEALw_wcB
Hope this helps. Please exercise your right to vote!